Thursday, May 22, 2014

Lemon Pound Cake


My grandma and I went to Missouri last weekend to see family. We stayed with my mom and step-dad. I wanted to make something to take with us.....something yummy! I found this recipe on Pinterest and thought I would give it a try.  This pound cake is very good and very easy to make. I also took one to work this week for a coworker's birthday. It was a hit.

This would be good served with cut up strawberries and whipped cream. 

1 cup unsalted butter, room temperature
1 2/3 cups sugar
2 tsp finely grated lemon zest
1 Tbsp fresh-squeezed lemon juice
1 Tbsp pure vanilla extract
5 eggs
2 cups unbleached flour + teaspoon salt, sifted

Here is what you do:

Preheat oven to 325 F. Butter and flour a bundt pan, or use baking spray with flour. In a mixer, beat the butter and sugar until the mixture is pale and creamy, about 5 minutes. Beat in the lemon zest, lemon juice, and vanilla. Add the eggs, 1 at a time, beating until just combined after each addition. Fold in the flour and salt mixture in 2 batches, mixing after each addition until well combined. Be careful not to over mix. Spoon the batter into the bundt pan and bake for 45 to 55 minutes, or until a toothpick poked into the cake comes out clean. Cover the pan loosely with aluminum foil if the crust browns too quickly. Remove the cake from oven and cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Turn the cake out onto a wire rack to cool completely.

See link above for source of recipe




My favorite mixer








No comments: