Wednesday, May 28, 2014

"You Light Up My Life"

Hello there, blog world!

It has been a busy, busy week for me so far. Getting ready for my summer class to start next week. I am taking classes to further my nursing career. It's going to be a crazy year, but I am ready!!

Also, over the next couple of days I will be baking for a bake sale for our youth group. The bake sale is Saturday, so I have a lot of work to do! I will share with you this weekend what I made for the sale. Stay tuned for all the goodies and the recipes!

Tonight I have a card to share. This card was made for the photo/color challenge over at the Peachy Keen Stamps blog. I used a sentiment and the lightening bug from the May stamp release. I was inspired by the bright colors in this photo.




I made this card a little different. I used a flattened toilet paper roll to make a pocket card. I didn't take a picture of the back of the card, but I just wrapped the paper all the way around. Then I folded the bottom of the paper up and glued it down (like wrapping a present) to seal off the bottom. The top of the polka-dot paper is folded down into the opening of the roll and glued to make it look neat and finished. I used a circle punch to cut the half circle notch at the top of the card, so the tag can be pulled out. The tag is made out of a cereal box and is covered in card stock. Take a look and let me know what you think.





I love making things with toilet paper rolls because you are re-purposing it instead of throwing it out. I have made a couple mini albums before using flattened toilet paper rolls as the pages. It works so well! As you save the rolls, the best thing is to store them flat. Fold them flat and keep them under a big, heavy book, or clipped together with binder clips.  Then when you are ready to use them, they are nice and flat.

Hope everyone is having a great week!! Come back this weekend and check out how the bake sale went.

4 comments:

kahaulani said...

Love your up cycle idea and I totally love these stamps!!!

jessica said...

Cuteness to the MAX!! I just love that adorable lightning bug!
Great card design too!!
Thanks for sharing and linking this up over at PKS for the May Linky Party and the PKS Color/Photo Challenge
Hugs!

Shayla said...

Thank you ladies! I love these stamps too. This was my first release to follow with PKS. I can't wait for the next one!

GiGi said...

This is SO CUTE and I LOVE that it's a slider with a pocket! TOO CUTE! Thanks for Linking It Up At Peachy Keen!