Thursday, May 8, 2014

Three Days of Mother's Day Cards

Day 1

It POURED down rain all day today. So, I sat at my craft table with the blinds open and made some cards. I was kind of pushing it since I needed to mail two of them. But, I got them to the post office and hopefully they make it on time. I left for the post office and it was still and quiet out. The rain had a brief pause. By the time I was headed home, it was a torrential downpour!! I haven't seen that much rain in a long time. Anyway, let's get down to it.

 Mother's Day is this weekend, so I thought I would share three cards I made. I had so many ideas for what to make but I chose three fairly simple layouts. It is important to chose a design and color scheme that the recipient will like. I had the general ideas in my head and then dug through paper to find the right colors and patterns. Cards are one of my favorite things to make! They are fun, and quick......usually.


Made for my grandmother

 For this card, I cut the jar and flowers from my cricut. The jar is from the "Doodlecharms" cartridge and the flowers are from "Walk in my Garden." I used ink to ink up the jar and make it a little more realistic. The tag on the jar came from my cricut also, but I'm not sure which cartridge it came from. I used my Gypsy to design it all before I cut it. I actually cut the card shape out with the cricut also. All I did was find the shape I wanted on the Gypsy, make two of them, and line them up. Once they are "welded" the part that is overlapping will not cut (my fold line.) I stacked the yellow layer on the card and put it all together. Then just added the lace. What do you think?

Come back tomorrow to see another Mother's Day card I made. 

No comments: