Thursday, May 22, 2014

Road Trip!!

I just returned home on Monday from a road trip with my grandma. Our trip to Missouri was great! We visited with family and had a good time. I went fishing with my brother and step-dad, did some crafting with my mom, went shopping,  had a yummy fish fry, and sat on the porch swing and enjoyed the opportunity to relax. We went so my grandma could visit her cousin and her son, who is sick. I am glad we were able to make the trip for to be able to see them. 

I have many good memories of road trips to MO with my nanny. Her and I made a lot of trips together and we always had so much fun. Her family is from MO so we have always had a reason to go there. Plus, my mom, step-dad and my brother live there. (My step dad is also from Missouri)

I just wanted to share some pictures of a few of my favorite things.

On the way there, we like to stop at a pajama outlet. They have all kinds of discounted nightgowns and pajama sets. Then the next stop is in Choteau, OK. The Amish place has all kinds of neat goodies. I stock up on preserves (this time I got peach and strawberry rhubarb), bulk spices, candies, rada knives, and they have misc kitchenwares.
In Choteau, OK. Love this little place

This is in the same building as the
Amish Cheese House. She has the
best homemade breads and goodies

Beautiful view at the lake by my mom's house

The hummingbirds zip by you on the porch
to get a drink. I love watching them 

I spent a lot of mornings on the
porch swing...so relaxing listening
to the birds


My mom also took me to a beautiful quilt shop there to find fabric to make me a junk bag. It was fun going through all the fabric and picking out what colors to use. My bag is so pretty....more on that later.

We had a good time, but I was ready to get home to my hubby and kids.
Do you have any fun trips planned this summer?


No comments: